- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
Top Posts & Pages
- Icepocalypse 2021: The Aftermath
- Enclosures Past & Present
- The Texas Triffid Ranch Occasional Newsletter and Feedlot Clearance Sale - #23
- Introducing Stylidium debile
- Gothic Gardening: "Six Easy Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap"
- "When there's no more room in Hell, Datura will walk the earth."
- Introducing Delonix regia
- The Gallery
Daily Archives: April 21, 2014Image
In order to shake things up a bit, it’s time for a few guest appearances. A few weeks ago, the Czarina and I were asked by the lovely Madelyn (creator of the famed Triffid Ranch logo) to check on her cats while she was out of town. If I thought that my cats were memorable, well, her cats disabused me of that notion.
Starting off, we can start with Alfred, Madelyn’s newest addition. Ten kilos of incredibly dynamic, impossibly hyperactive part-Siamese, with a voice to match his energy levels, and out about three dozen attempted photos of him, I only managed to capture one or two that weren’t blurred messes. I suspect that it may be possible to photograph Fred properly, with the sort of camera rig used to photograph dynamite as it’s exploding, but I’m not expecting miracles.